For those of you who love a good quickie 😉 … well, 15 minutes is all you need for these “tuna” salad cups! Great for a busy woman on the go! (serves 2)
1/2 440g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/4 red onion, diced
4 cos lettuce salad leaves
salt, pepper and dried dill, spring onion to taste
2 tablespoons tahini
3 tablespoons water
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dulse flakes (optional)
1 large pitted date, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and water discarded
1 garlic clove
1. Place the chickpeas in a food processor and process just until there are no more whole beans. Don’t over process (alternatively, you can place in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork).
2. If processed via food processor, transfer the beans to a large mixing bowl and add the celery and onion.
3. Make the mayo by adding all of the mayo ingredients to a blender and blending until creamy and smooth.
4. Add the mayo to the to the chickpea mixture and combine until everything is incorporated.
5. Add salt, pepper, dried dill and sliced spring onions to taste. Divide among washed cos leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
If you’ve never used dulse before, it’s what gives the chickpeas a “fishy” scent.
What are you having for dinner tonight?
With love always,