Vegan Scrambled Egg
I'll just come right out and say it: this recipe comes as close to an egg and dairy version of scrambled eggs as you're ever likely to taste.Tons of protein, whole food plant-based, and delicious!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 spring onions
- 300 g silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kala namak black salt
- 280 g firm tofu
- Peel and grate the garlic. Finely slice the spring onions. Place the silken tofu in a food processor and blend to a smooth cream.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add the water and the sliced spring onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, adding additional water as required to prevent sticking. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute, then add the turmeric, black pepper and kala namak and stir until combined.
- Drain any liquid from the pressed firm tofu. Pour the creamed silken tofu into the frying pan and stir everything together. Once the silken tofu has taken on the colour of the turmeric, crumble the firm tofu into the pan. Fold everything together for 1 to 2 minutes to warm through. Take the pan off the heat.
- Serve with toasted whole grain Turkish bread and sliced avocado!
Calories: 214kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 20gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 17mgPotassium: 351mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 185IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 245mgIron: 3mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.