Vegan Cobb Salad with "Hard-boiled Eggs"
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp diced shallot
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard + 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup natural coconut yoghurt + 2 Tbsp, or tahini
For the salad:
- 4 Grilled Tofu
- 4 Vegan Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 100 g Coconut Bacon
- 2 heads baby cos lettuce washed and torn into bite-sized pieces or coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes stemmed and halved
- 2 avocados firm-ripe, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Vegan feta cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chives or parsley finely chopped
- Flaky salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Make the dressing:
- Combine the shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and coconut yoghurt in a small blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings and yoghurt (or tahini) to preference.
Make the salad:
- Toss the lettuce with some of the dressing to coat, then arrange on a platter or serving bowl.
- Top with the grilled tofu, coconut bacon, vegan eggs, tomatoes, and avocados.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese and chives/parsley over the salad, drizzle with more dressing, flaky salt, and pepper, and serve.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!