Vegan Cheese Sauce
An easy Vegan Cheese Sauce with ONLY 11 ingredients and 20 minutes! Goes amazing on tacos, burritos or just as a dip. Dairy-free, oil-free and so delicious!
- 1 cup 140g cashews
- ½ cup 120g coconut yogurt, natural
- ½ cup 120g store bought salsa of choice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. pickled jalapeños drained
- 2 tbsp. pickled jalapeño brine from jar
- salt & pepper
- Cover the cashews in freshly boiled water, and let them soak for at least ten minutes (overnight is ideal).
- Drain the water from the cashews, then add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
Serving: 45gCalories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 6.8gProtein: 3.3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.1gSodium: 102mgPotassium: 136mgFiber: 1.1gSugar: 2.1gVitamin A: 202IUVitamin C: 2.6mgCalcium: 31.3mgIron: 1.2mg
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!