Sweet Potato & Buckwheat Salad
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 400 g sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°C and prepared a lined baking tray.
- Carefully wash the sweet potatoes, then slice them in half and place them flesh down on the baking tray.
- Roughly chop the red onion and add to the oven tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft, being careful to remove the onion if they start to burn.
- While your potatoes and onion are dry roasting, make the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add a little bit of boiled water a teaspoon at a time, whisking it in until you reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Cook the buckwheat according to the package instructions.
- Wash the salad greens. Chop the capsicum and cucumber into bite sized pieces.
- Roughly chop the sweet potatoes when they are cooked - removing the skin if you prefer.
- Assemble a bowl by adding all of the elements and drizzle over the salad dressing!
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.