Spicy Tofu Sandwich
This is one of my favourite sandwiches because it’s quick to assemble, packs a punch of heat (from the hummus) and so creamy and delicious. Use pre-marinated tofu from the store to save time, or marinate your own at home.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno hummus
- 50 g firm tofu pre-marinated
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 2 slices tomato
- 4 slices cucumber
- 2 Tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- Slice the tofu, cucumber, and tomato
- Spread one slice of the bread with jalapeno hummus and spread the mashed avocado on the other
- Layer the tofu, cucumber and tomato filling on the piece of avocado bread. Add salt and pepper, then add the sprouts and finally, place the bread slice with the hummus on top.
- Cut sandwich and enjoy!
Marinating your own tofu is easy! Simply slice it to size, then place it in a small lidded container, covered in low sodium soy sauce or tamari. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes - the longer you let it marinate the deeper the flavour it will take on.
Calories: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 45.8gProtein: 16.9gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.02gSodium: 455mgPotassium: 770.8mgFiber: 11.5gSugar: 6.2gVitamin A: 532IUVitamin C: 14.4mgCalcium: 328.2mgIron: 5.6mg
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!