Sesame Soba Noodle Salad
This colourful salad is packed with complete protein and quick and easy to make. The only downside is it doesn't keep well, but it's so tasty that won't be a problem!
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Pot (x2)
- Serving Bowl
- 170 gram Soba Noodles gluten-free
- 2 cups Frozen Shelled Edamame
- 3 cups Sugar Snap Peas sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 Carrots peeled into ribbons (or julienned)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander chopped
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Small Lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp White Miso
- 2 tsp Ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chili Flakes
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified. Set aside.
- Bring two big pots of water to a boil. In the meantime, toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- When water is boiling, cook the soba noodles in one pot according to package directions. Drain and briefly rinse under cool water. Set aside.
- Cook the edamame in the other pot until warmed through (about 4 to 6 minutes) but before draining, toss the halved sugar snaps into the boiling edamame water and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Drain.
- Combine the soba noodles, edamame, snap peas and carrots in a large serving bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss. Toss in the chopped coriander and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 14gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 919mgPotassium: 663mgFiber: 7gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 10853IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 150mgIron: 4mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.
2 thoughts on “Sesame Soba Noodle Salad”
I loved this recipe, so easy to make, full of colour and goodness!
I’m so happy to hear you loved it! Thanks for letting me know 🙂