- Baking Dish
For the sauce:
- 1 cup cashews raw
- 2 cups water
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
For the potatoes:
- 800 g potatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 2 Tbsp capers
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Boil the cashew nuts for 5 minutes and then drain.
- While the cashews are boiling, slice the potatoes very thin with a knife or mandolin. Slice the onion.
- When the cashews are done, make the sauce by adding all sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and process for several minutes until smooth.
- In a 15x20cm baking dish, add a few layers of potatoes, then onion and capers.
- Repeat the process until all potatoes are used, then add the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.