Oil-Free Baba Ganoush
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut the eggplant in half, and place it cut side down (skin up) on the oven tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes then broil for about 10 minutes, until the skin is black. (see notes)
- Immediately place the broiled eggplant in a plastic bag. Seal the bag, and leave the eggplant to steam for 10 minutes.
- Once steamed, scoop out the eggplant flesh using a spoon, and add it to your high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add in the tahini, garlic clove, salt, paprika, and liquid smoke (if using). Process until the desired consistency has been reached. Adjust seasoning to suit your preference.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!