These are fantastic to take to parties, or throw your own just to serve them so you get all the credit! Be warned, they are gobbled up so fast that I recommend you double (or triple) the batch!
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- 20 White Mushrooms stems removed
- 225 gram Non-Dairy Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 140 gram Veggie Bacon
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 bunch Chives finely chopped
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Clean the mushrooms using paper towels or a mushroom brush. Follow the package directions to heat up the bacon. Chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped bacon, garlic, chives, salt, and pepper. With a small spoon, fill the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture (not more than 1/2-inch above the top of the mushroom).
- Place the filled mushrooms on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cream cheese starts to brown. Serve immediately and stand back (or else get trampled in the stampede).
Calories: 155kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 6gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 368mgPotassium: 181mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 11IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 29mgIron: 1mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.