Meltable Vegan Mozzarella
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You’ll want to keep a close eye while it cooks. After about 2 minutes, stir mixture constantly.
- After 3-5 minutes, the mixture will begin to thicken. Continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes until it becomes very sticky then remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container with lid, and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer. Working quickly to avoid the cheese melting, cut it into pieces that are a suitable size for your food processor. Then place into your food processor and use the shredding function to grate it.
- Place grated cheese back into the freezer until ready to use, then use it to top your pizzas, nachos, quesadillas or any other way you use shredded cheese!
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.