Meltable Vegan Mozzarella
Perfectly recreating the gooey creamy goodness of regular mozzarella, this recipe is completely vegan, contains a fraction of the fat and ZERO cholesterol.Melts completely at room temperature, so keep it in the freezer where it could last forever (until you taste it, then it disappears in a flash).Takes less than 20 minutes to make (and a few hours to "set"), so what are you waiting for?
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You’ll want to keep a close eye while it cooks. After about 2 minutes, stir mixture constantly.
- After 3-5 minutes, the mixture will begin to thicken. Continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes until it becomes very sticky then remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container with lid, and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer. Working quickly to avoid the cheese melting, cut it into pieces that are a suitable size for your food processor. Then place into your food processor and use the shredding function to grate it.
- Place grated cheese back into the freezer until ready to use, then use it to top your pizzas, nachos, quesadillas or any other way you use shredded cheese!
Calories: 75kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 2gFat: 1.9gSaturated Fat: 1.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 612mgPotassium: 29mgFiber: 1.4gSugar: 3.6gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 0.12mgCalcium: 86mgIron: 0.6mg
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.
2 thoughts on “Meltable Vegan Mozzarella”
I just made this delicious, homemade vegan mozzarella cheese for the first time! ? I think it took me awhile to get around to making it, because I thought it would be difficult? So not true! I had all the ingredients on hand, and it was sooooo easy to make. The flavour and texture were both fantastic! So glad I made it, and will make it from now on❤️.
Thank you so much Gabrielle, for all your delicious recipes❤️❤️❤️
Thank YOU for letting us know your thoughts, and for making it!