Lentil Masala Soup
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onion finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander finely diced
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Dry Red Lentils
- 1 cup Lite Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Kale Leaves finely chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 4 minutes or until translucent. Add in the minced garlic. Sauté for another minute.
- Add in the turmeric, garam masala and sea salt. Stir for a minute or until spices are well mixed. Add in the fresh coriander, vegetable broth and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add in the dry lentils, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the lentils are cooked through, add in the coconut milk. Stir well to mix, then add in the kale. Stir again until the kale is wilted. Turn off the heat. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.