Korean Veggie Slice
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 4 Tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric optional, for colour
- 1 1/2 tsp kala namak or black salt for an 'eggy' flavour - optional
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp tamari
Vegetables of choice
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Carrot sliced into match sticks or grated
- 1 Red capsicum sliced into match sticks
- 1/2 Potato sliced into match sticks or grated
- 1/2 Zucchini chopped
- 1/2 Sweet Potato sliced into match sticks or grated
- 5-6 Mushrooms sliced
Dipping sauce to serve
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Chili flakes/powder optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a square dish with baking paper.
- Chop/grate your vegetables and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined, removing any lumps.
- Next, add your vegetables to the batter. Stir gently to thoroughly coat the vegetables in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- While it bakes, make the dipping sauce. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
- Remove the pancake from the oven when the top is golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean from the centre.
- Remove from the baking dish, discard the baking paper, and cut the pancake into wedges. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!