If you love jalapeno, you’ll love this hummus recipe! It’s fresh, spicy, and delicious. Prepare this easy dip in under 10 minutes and smear it on wraps and sandwiches, rub it over cooked pasta, thin it out to make a salad dressing or enjoy it more traditionally with warm pita wedges!
- Food Processor
- 400 g chickpeas drained
- 5 Tbsp aquafaba liquid from canned chickpeas
- 1 jalapeno chopped - seeds removed if you prefer less heat
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping
- 1/4 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- A few fresh jalapeno slices
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor and process until finely chopped
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, adding more aquafaba to thin it to preferred consistency.
- Store in a jar with a lid in the fridge for up to a week.
Calories: 60kcalCarbohydrates: 8.2gProtein: 2.7gFat: 2.2gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.9gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.6gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 170mgPotassium: 59.6mgFiber: 2.3gSugar: 1.5gVitamin A: 24IUVitamin C: 2.5mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 0.7mg
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!