Holy Moly Buddha Bowl
A salad that's oil-free and is so nutrient dense that it's almost unbelievable - hence the name! This is a satiating bowl full of simple flavours and varied textures - topped off with a creamy dressing to bring it all together.
- 1/4 cup brown rice
For the roast veggies
- 300 g potatoes
- 2 carrots medium
- Salt and pepper to season
For the dressing
- 4 Tbsp hummus
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Water to thin
For the bowl
- 1/2 cup lentils canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup beetroot canned, drained
- 2 cups fresh salad mix
- 4 Tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- Preheat oven to 200˜C (390°F) and line an oven tray with baking paper. Cook the brown rice according to the package instructions.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and slice the carrot. Place them on the oven tray and season with some salt and paper. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes wedges are looking slightly brown.
- Chop the beetroot into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine and add water until desired consistency is reached.
- When everything is cooked, assemble the bowls. Start by lining each bowl with the salad mix, divided. Then top with each ingredient and finally pour over the dressing.
Calories: 378.8kcalCarbohydrates: 78.7gProtein: 14gFat: 2.2gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.8gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.5gSodium: 152.3mgPotassium: 1383.6mgFiber: 11.9gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1333.7IUVitamin C: 35.6mgCalcium: 87.4mgIron: 4.5mg
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!