Fresh Coriander Lentil Dip
Fresh and light, this wonderful dip will have you reaching for more. Just don't eat it all in one sitting! This dip works great with pita bread, crackers, or veggie sticks. Or use it as a spread when making sandwiches! Will keep well for three days if refrigerated in an airtight container. If you're not a big fan of coriander try substituting in a different herb like parsley or basil.
- Medium-sized Pot
- 1 cup Dry Yellow Lentils
- 3 cups Water
- 1 Yellow Onion small, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Corn Tortilla Chips
- In a medium-sized pot, over medium heat, bring the lentils and water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the onion, garlic, cumin and salt. Stir to combine. Simmer until the lentils are cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, add the drained lentils, coriander, lime juice and oil. Process until smooth and creamy, adding water if needed to smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Calories: 586kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 17gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 548mgPotassium: 658mgFiber: 18gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 296IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 147mgIron: 5mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.