Falafel Tahini Salad
- Baking Tray
- 2 2/3 cups Green Lentils cooked, drained, and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt divided
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 8 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 cup Sauerkraut
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lentils, 2/3 of the tahini, coriander, cumin, apple cider vinegar, and half the salt.
- Form the mixture into balls using about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture for each ball.
- Place on the baking tray and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through and firm.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, water, and remaining tahini and salt.
- Divide the mixed greens onto plates and top with the lentil tahini falafels, sauerkraut and tahini yogurt dressing. Enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.