Falafel Tahini Salad
This vibrant salad is super easy to make, and loaded with low GI goodness sure to keep you feeling energized all afternoon. Experiment by adding your own favorite salad ingredients - olives or capers are a good addition, or something creamy like avocado! Falafels will keep for months if frozen - simply pop them in the oven to reheat.
- 2 2/3 cups Green Lentils cooked, drained, and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt divided
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 8 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 cup Sauerkraut
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lentils, 2/3 of the tahini, coriander, cumin, apple cider vinegar, and half the salt.
- Form the mixture into balls using about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture for each ball.
- Place on the baking tray and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through and firm.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, water, and remaining tahini and salt.
- Divide the mixed greens onto plates and top with the lentil tahini falafels, sauerkraut and tahini yogurt dressing. Enjoy!
Calories: 602kcalCarbohydrates: 87gProtein: 38gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 856mgPotassium: 1534mgFiber: 41gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1120IUVitamin C: 33mgCalcium: 147mgIron: 12mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.