Crispy Oil-Free Roast Potatoes
This fool-proof recipe will ensure you crispy skins and fluffy insides. Make sure your roast potatoes are perfect for Sunday lunch or Christmas dinner!
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the roasting
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp chicken-style stock I use Massell brand - optional
- Chop the potatoes into wedges or small pieces of the approximately the same size. Add them to a pot.
- Add water to cover with the salt and baking powder. Bring to a simmer and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes making sure they don't break apart. You want them cooked to about 90% done.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- When the potatoes have simmered, drain and let the steam evaporate before adding back to the pot.
- Add all roasting ingredients to the potatoes and cover with a lid. Give them a good shake. The potatoes should be somewhat mushy on the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, turn, then bake for a further 25 minute or until golden brown, crispy and fork tender
Calories: 159kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 520mgPotassium: 864mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 4IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.