Creamy Potato, Lentil & Kale Casserole
This hearty casserole is great comfort food on a cold autumn day.
- Baking Dish
- 6 Yellow Potatoes thinly sliced
- 4 cups Green Lentils cooked, drained
- 6 cups Kale Leaves stems removed, leaves torn
- 4 cups Coconut Milk
- 3 cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Thyme stems removed
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- In a baking dish, arrange 1/3 of the potato slices to form an even layer along the bottom. Spread half the lentils evenly over top, and then add another layer using half of the kale. Repeat with the remaining potato, lentils and kale, ending with potatoes as your top layer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, pumpkin, garlic powder, thyme and salt. Pour the mixture over the layers of potato, lentils and kale. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the potato is cooked through and browned on top.
- Divide onto plates and enjoy!
Calories: 557kcalCarbohydrates: 102gProtein: 31gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 621mgPotassium: 2048mgFiber: 36gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 19442IUVitamin C: 103mgCalcium: 230mgIron: 11mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.