Creamy Curried Coconut Soup
This deliciously zingy soup has a lot of fun playing with textures. A beautiful light soup for all seasons! To make this soup a more hearty and filling meal, try adding a cup of cooked lentils. Keeps up to about five days in the fridge, and months in the freezer.
- Large Pot
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ginger grated
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 cups Mushrooms sliced
- 28 gram Lemongrass chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli chopped into small florets
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 cups Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Zucchini spiralized into noodles
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes optional
- In a pot over medium-low heat, add the olive oil, ginger, garlic and onion. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the curry powder, mushrooms and lemongrass.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked through, add in the broccoli, lime juice, coconut milk and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- During the last minute, add the zucchini noodles and remove from heat.
- Divide between bowls and top with fresh coriander and red chilli flakes, if using. Enjoy!
Calories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 4gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 24mgPotassium: 448mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 244IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 4mg
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.