Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
For the base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup dates pitted
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
For the filling:
- 175 g silken tofu drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp peanuts raw
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- While the dates are soaking, start making the crust: add walnuts and cacao powder to a high speed blender and process until a fine crumb is reached.
- Drain the dates and add to the blender, along with the peanut butter. Process until fully combined, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Once combined, press the crumb evenly into the base of an 18cm-square tin (about 7 inches). Place in the fridge to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and add them to a blender or food processor along with the tofu, peanut butter, almond flour, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- When your base is set, remove from the fridge and pour over the chocolate mixture, smoothing the top. Sprinkle on your raw peanuts, then place back in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally allowing it to fully set overnight.
- Once set, remove from the tin and cut the slice into the desired size with a sharp knife. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!