Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
This decadent recipe is so sinfully delicious you'll be tempted to eat the whole lot! Velvety sweet, and incredibly rich, it is guaranteed to nail any chocolate craving you might have. Make them as a special occasion treat, or for when you feel like spoiling yourself!
For the base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup dates pitted
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
For the filling:
- 175 g silken tofu drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp peanuts raw
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- While the dates are soaking, start making the crust: add walnuts and cacao powder to a high speed blender and process until a fine crumb is reached.
- Drain the dates and add to the blender, along with the peanut butter. Process until fully combined, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Once combined, press the crumb evenly into the base of an 18cm-square tin (about 7 inches). Place in the fridge to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and add them to a blender or food processor along with the tofu, peanut butter, almond flour, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- When your base is set, remove from the fridge and pour over the chocolate mixture, smoothing the top. Sprinkle on your raw peanuts, then place back in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally allowing it to fully set overnight.
- Once set, remove from the tin and cut the slice into the desired size with a sharp knife. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Calories: 186kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6.3gFat: 12.6gSaturated Fat: 2.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.9gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.8gSodium: 23.2mgPotassium: 262.9mgFiber: 3.6gSugar: 8.5gVitamin A: 2.9IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 1.8mg
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!