Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Pie Pan (10")
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 cups White Navy Beans canned
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Pitted Dates
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips vegan, organic, divided
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and grease your pie pan or springform pan with coconut oil (use a 10-inch pan for 12 servings).
- Combine beans, oats, applesauce, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and dates in a blender or food processor until well blended. Stir in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie batter to your pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top, and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt (optional) and let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.