Chilli Non Carne
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Yellow Onion medium, diced
- 1 Capiscum red or green, diced
- 2 Carrots medium, grated
- 1 Red Chilli medium, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Stock
- 300 g Soy Mince
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Tamari Sauce
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 2 x 400g cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 x 400g can Mixed Beans drained
- To a large non-stick pan on a medium heat add the garlic, onion, capsicum, carrots, chilli and vegetable stock. Simmer for 8 minutes until translucent and soft.
- Add the soy mince to the pan and mix well with the vegetables for a few minutes until combined and simmering.
- Add the paprika, coriander, cumin, cocoa powder, and cinnamon and mix again to combine. Add the tamari sauce and red wine - stir well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, and stir thoroughly. Add a little more water if the mixture seems too thick.
- Simmer gently over a low heat for at least 60 minutes. Stir regularly, and add more water or a splash of wine if necessary.
- About 30 mins before serving, add the beans and mix through.
- Serve with rice of your choice. Enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.