Breakfast Muesli Cups
If you're running out of breakfast ideas, give these a go! Cute little cups of deliciousness that are super versatile and use a handful of everyday ingredients. They are surprisingly easy to make and can be filled with anything you choose. Eat on the go or serve alongside a big fruit salad. Any leftover (unfilled) cups can be easily frozen for a later use.
- 6 muffin liners
- 1/2 cup banana mashed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 - 2 cups Greek style coconut yoghurt
- Handful of berries to serve
- Line 6 cups of a muffin baking tray with muffin liners.
- Mash the banana in a medium sized mixing bowl. Then add the maple syrup and almond extract. Stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add oats, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the oat mixture to the banana mixture and stir until evenly mixed.
- Evenly distribute the mixture among the 6 muffin cups, pressing mixture into the base and up the sides of the prepared muffin cups. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Remove baking tray from refrigerator and press again firmly into the base and sides of the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and fragrant, 12-15 minutes. Remove, and press sides of muesli into each muffin cup again with a spoon.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the tray. Carefully peel off each muffin liner and fill each cooled cup with coconut yoghurt and top with fruit.
Calories: 200kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 6gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 117mgPotassium: 137mgFiber: 3gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 8IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 201mgIron: 1mg
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.