I was privileged recently to work with Heather to help her accomplish a couple of health goals related to plant-based eating.
Our time together proved a massive success, as you’ll hear in this episode. Not to give too much away, but she lots of huge amount of weight and got her cholesterol back into a healthy range, amongst other things.
One characteristic of Heather that really struck me during our time together was her determination. She really (really) committed to the plan we created for her, so I wanted to find out a bit more about what made her tick – and to get a better understanding of her journey towards plant-based eating – in the hope that it could inspire others to take the plunge to healthy eating.
- [1:14] What mealtimes were like growing up.
- [2:20] What prompted Heather to move to vegetarianism.
- [3:58] Her move to being completely plant-based.
- [5:13] Some surprising health news.
- [8:09] Why Heather decided not to follow her doctor’s advice.
- [9:13] The hardest part of making the change to a no oil whole food plant-based diet.
- [10:26] Ways to make eating out easier.
- [11:38] The health changes she has experienced after adopting this diet.
- [14:08] “My health has never ever been better.”
- [14:43] What a typical day being plant-based looks like for her.
- [17:25] Changing taste buds.
- [18:59] What she misses about the “old way” of eating.
- [23:12] Five flash questions.
- [23:20] Her favourite app supporting her health journey.
- [23:40] Her favourite kitchen appliance or food ingredient.
- [24:00] Describing her morning routine.
- [24:59] (A brief interlude to discuss the wonders of oats)
- [26:19] Best time-saving tip to stay on track with her food.
- [27:44] Advice to those just starting out in plant-based eating.
- [31:48] To get these kinds of results, be the first to hear when the doors open to my Return To Health program by signing up to the waitlist.
Even though Heather did not follow her doctor’s initial treatment plan it’s important to note that she did take a responsible approach to managing her health. She did not simply ignore medical advice – she got a second opinion, which led to her looking for a qualified coach to help her implement her lifestyle change. Always consult your doctor when considering changes which could affect your health.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.