Meal Planning isn’t the sexiest of subjects, BUT it’s life changing when you nail it.
Today I share with you my personal 4-Step System to break the weekly process down into doable actions to remove the overwhelm and make the end-to-end process sustainable.
Lastly, I cover my food planning tips that save me oodles of time (+ money + energy + waste) in the kitchen, and some that took me years to learn.
Click here to download the infographic guide mentioned in this episode.
- [3:00] Introducing my 4 step system.
- [3:34] Step 1: Choose your meals.
- [6:07] Step 2: Buy the ingredients.
- [7:27] Step 3: Restock.
- [8:32] Step 4: Ingredient Prep.
- [9:59] Homework assigned!
- [10:42] Additional tips:
- [10:50] Decide where to put your meal plan – ideally somewhere everyone can see it. A whiteboard or app works well (I use Trello).
- [11:45] Recipe search: as before, but just add “vegan” in front. “Stroganoff” to “vegan stroganoff”
- [12:55] Over time, build a library of cookbooks and magazines (see links below).
- [13:55] Get your family to help plan, prep, and cook – even the little ones if you have any!
- [14:15] Buy in bulk where possible.
- [14:43] Keep seasonal ingredients in mind when meal planning.
- [14:57] Consider joining a CSA, if you can.
- [15:25] Plan to use all your produce – don’t leave half a pumpkin at the end of the week.
- The How Not to Die Cookbook: 100+ Recipes to Help Prevent and Reverse Disease
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
- Bad Manners: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck: A Vegan Cookbook
- BOSH! Healthy Vegan: Over 80 Brand New Simple and Delicious Plant Based Recipes from the Sunday Times Bestselling Vegan Cook Book Authors.
- Nourish Magazine
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.