Last year I went looking for some closet therapy! I had a mismatch of items in my wardrobe with no clue of how to put an outfit together. I didn’t know why I felt compelled to buy certain things (that all had a completely different aesthetic) and STILL felt I had nothing to wear!
That is until I came across the wonder that is Elle Lavon – personal stylist extraordinaire. She helped me understand my style personality, rejuvenate my wardrobe and actually feel excited about getting dressed again. And while a reinvented wardrobe can feel pretty great in the beginning, the real power is in the long change – that I now know how to dress for me and my personality and can feel confident in styling myself.
My conversation with Elle will not only speak to women who care about how they’re showing up from day-to-day but it will especially help the graduates of my programs with the common side-effect of having lost a tonne of weight. The women that feel ready to break up with all that basic black clothing and reveal themselves to the world with confidence and spunk!
This episode is for any woman who wants their outer appearance to align with who they really feel they are inside and want to step out being true to their personality.
- [00:00] Introduction
- [06:20] How Elle found her way to becoming a personal stylist.
- [13:20] Style archetypes, and why dressing like a cake matters!
- [20:15] The misconceptions and reality of working with a personal stylist.
- [28:30] The complexities of being a stylish vegan.
- [28:30] The styling process (working with Elle):
- [35:50] Find your style archetype.
- [36:50] Demystify style (scale/proportion, good fit, etc).
- [37:10] Fundamental 15.
- [37:50] Wardrobe detox (audit and cleanout).
- [39:50] Identify gaps, use fundamental 15 to create a to-buy list
- [41:05] Let’s go shopping!
- [45:00 – How to find Elle online (links below)
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.