My 10th podcast episode is also my veganversary! I’m celebrating 15 years of living a vegan life and sharing with you the ten things I wish someone had told me before getting started.
Whether you’re plant-curious, at the very beginning of your journey or even part-way along I hope that this honest share inspires and motivates you along your path.
- [2:50] #1: You will always trigger some people, no matter how you come at it.
- [5:05] #2: Life will get really hard before it becomes better.
- [12:55] #3: You can’t just remove stuff from your life and expect to be healthy and satisfied.
- [15:20] #4: A vegan diet is NOT nutritionally complete by default.
- [17:10] #5: Going vegan is a great way to get to know yourself.
- [20:24] #6: A vegan lifestyle may well end up being more expensive than a non-vegan one.
- [24:45] #7: Everyone becomes a health expert when you go vegan.
- [28:05] #8: You don’t have to tell everybody.
- [30:10] #9: Animal activists and vegans aren’t the same.
- [33:15] #10: You’ll inspire more people than you think.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.