These delicious cookies are also nut free and gluten free.
- 2/3 cup vegan spread
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mashed banana or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/8 cups gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips if using white chocolate, ease up on the sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 / 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the buttery spread and sugars in a large bowl. Add the mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in the dairy free chocolate chips.
- Grab tablespoons of the wet dough and squish to desired size between the palm of your hands before dropping on the tray. Leave plenty of space in between as the butter will see these bad boys spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on the tray. They will look a little bit underdone, but will cook a little bit more as they cool. They are super breakable when first out of the oven so don't be tempted to touch!
- When totally cool, move to your mouth and chew.